- Focus on curb appeal – It can be a challenge to have great curb appeal in the fall because the flowers have already bloomed and are fading away. Substitute with some pots of colorful mums and a few pumpkins. Keep the leaves raked in your yard and concentrate on any repairs that need to be made.
- Decorate in moderation – Don’t over-do it; less is more when selling your house. Make sure the buyer sees your house, not a huge display of fall decorations!
- Make it cozy – The temperatures are dropping, so cozy-up the inside with plush afghans on the sofas, comfy pillows in warm colors and wood stacked in the fireplace. You may want to offer your buyers warm cider/coffee and fresh baked cookies. These treats will make the house smell good too.
- Provide plenty of light – As it becomes dark earlier, it is important to have enough bright light in each room. Focus on the dark corners; add a floor or a table lamp to brighten these areas. Use LED bulbs for instant, bright light.
- Update bedding – Old, faded or wimpy bedding has no appeal and does not show well in the online photos. A luxurious, thick comforter with matching shams and coordinating pillows in a soft color will set the tone for the room and give the bedroom a relaxing and cozy feeling.
Money Crashers, comp. “Five Tips to Stage Your Home for the Fall Season.” (n.d.): n. pag. Web.
Call today to set up your appointment; there are only weeks of fall weather left before the cold is here. The numbers of buyers out looking at homes will drop significantly when the weather is cold. Call Stella at 614-582-0068!